Sunday, December 20, 2009

Eating Organic


I have been reading a lot lately on pesticides in our produce and hormones in our meat. I started buying organic milk when Ty started drinking milk, but I had slacked off the past several months. I decided a few weeks ago that I needed to buy organic milk again, as well as some other foods. So, I hit Kroger (alone) to see what they have to offer. As far as meat products, I bought ground beef, stew beef, chicken breasts, eggs and milk. In the produce department, I bought mini carrots, green peppers and apples. I was a little disappointed in the limited organic produce. I was also wanting to buy organic lettuce and celery, but they didn't have either. So I am going to try Earth Fare today. I haven't been there since we lived in Charleston, so I am excited to see what they have. I know that it's going to cost a little more, but I believe it's worth it for my children's health.

2 comments:

  1. Our Earthfare is right beside Target in East Brainerd and there would be no getting in that place with the crazy mall traffic today. I am jumping on your Organic band wagon, at least partially. I have a friend who just watched Food, Inc. She recommended it. If you have Netflix you can stream it live on your PC if not they do have it as a rental.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definately going to give it a try once the holidays are over! Like Diana said it is a zoo around Earth Fare !!!

    ReplyDelete