Friday, September 18, 2009

The Dog Ate My Homework!

Ty came home today with homework. Although it isn't due back at school for another week, he wanted to do it as soon as we got home. With my help, he was to create a "Me" doll. So, we went through my sewing scraps and he picked out the fabric for the clothes. He colored the skin and his blue crocs with crayons. The hardest part was the hair. We decided to use spaghetti. I let him glue the spaghetti on, along with brown button eyes, a macaroni nose and a rigatoni mouth. What a masterpiece! We spent most of the afternoon working on it, and we were quite proud of the end result. We laid it on the coffee table to dry, and I went in the kitchen to cook dinner. Several minutes later, Ty was crying and screaming, "Winnie is eating my doll!" Can I write a note to his teacher that the dog ate his homework?!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe Winnie ate yours and Ty's wonderful work of art !!!! Poor Ty,he must have been very unhappy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful piece of artwork! Too bad winnie got a hold of it. Poor Ty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow-up: I have successfully fixed the doll to be almost perfect! Ty is happy with it, and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete