
I am so blessed to have a two year old and three year old at home that bring me so much joy. But, like all children, they're not perfect, as much as they try to fool the outside world. For example, Maggie has been going to Mother's Day Out for 3 weeks now, and her teachers think she is the sweetest little girl. Well, the honeymoon is over. When Ty and I picked her up from the playground on Monday, I could tell that something was wrong. When I asked Ms. Pam how the day went, she said that Maggie was beating up on everyone in the class! Maggie - the youngest and definitely smallest child in the class was beating up on everyone? I told her that she has finally met the real Maggie. The whole way home, Ty was lecturing Maggie about hitting . He asked me if I had a notebook, so I told him that he could have one when we got home. He sat Maggie in a chair and continued the lecture. "Why did you hit your friends?" "Because I'm naughty." Mommy, how do you spell naughty?" He then told her that you don't hit your friends. He told me to write on the page "Don't hit friends or Ty." Next, he told her that we don't hit at school or home and he told me to write that, too. He told her that they won't be her friends if she keeps hitting them. He tore the page out and put it on the refrigerator. I find it truly amazing that Ty was able to completely take care of this problem all by himself. I reiterated what he said and told her that she will go to time out whenever she hits Ty or her friends. So far, she has not hit him - Thank you, Ty!
Maggie hit, NEVER! Well Ellie is going to follow in those footsteps b/c she puts up with nothing from Emma! Looking forward to many more posts!
ReplyDeleteLove that you have started the blog, you have so many great stories !!!!
ReplyDelete