Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pop Goes the Weasel

The "Weasel" was the greatest gift idea for a creative boy like Ty. You may call it an easel, but Ty calls it a weasel. Here he is the night it was set up in the playroom, painting the first of many masterpieces. The next morning is when my week started off with a bang.
Maggie woke up to see the weasel set up with paints and an assortment of paintbrushes. She was told not to ever touch it. While I was getting breakfast ready, I realized how quiet Maggie was. I go into the playroom to find her, the dry erase board of the weasel and the floor COVERED in thick red and yellow paint. WHAT A MESS, I wish I had taken a picture, but I was in a state of shock and didn't think of that at the time. After spending 20 minutes cleaning the mess up, I realized that the wood around the weasel was now stained red, and Maggie's legs were now stained yellow. Her pajamas and socks were no longer pink.
That afternoon, I decided to move the weasel to Ty's room, where the door can be closed off from the destructive little sister. I got it all set up after rearranging some furniture, and all I had left to bring up was the paint. Ty had taken the lids off the no-spill cups and put the jumbo paintbrushes inside. This made it a little more difficult for me to carry them. As I get into his room, The blue paint and brush fly across the room and land on the off-white carpet, leaving a trail about 2.5-3 feet long. WHAT A MESS, I wish I had taken a picture, but I was in a state of shock and didn't think of that at the time. After 20 minutes of scrubbing with cleaner, I decided that the stain could not be removed. Washable? I think not!
Despite all this, Ty is still eager to paint his masterpieces. He just has to do it with his door closed or when Maggie is sleeping.

2 comments:

  1. Love the picture of TY-----great story----but oh my------the carpet !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I would die! Emma is getting on for Christmas (at least she was.) JK

    ReplyDelete