Ty received a tent and air mattress from Grandma and Granddad for his birthday. He couldn't wait to go camping in the backyard with Jon. So when we got back from Fall Break, they decided to do it. Ty couldn't wait for it to get dark. I kept trying to stall him, since Jon would be going to bed VERY early that night. After enjoying some s'mores, the boys headed out to the tent.
The sleeping bag Ty is using is my Disney one from when I was his age...ancient! Anyway, the boys fell asleep easily. Jon was awoken a couple of hours later to a popping sound followed by giggling and running footsteps. He came inside to ask me if I heard it. We assume it was the neighbors' kids, but I made them come in, just to be safe. Ty woke up in our bed at 4:00 a little confused. We told him that Daddy couldn't sleep because of barking dogs. We didn't want to scare him for any future outings. We have decided to go camping as a family at Barfield Crescent Park. Stay tuned...
That looks like sooo much fun. Too bad it was interupted!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOur family camp-out was interrupted too.. By the sprinkler system! Can't wait to see the other one!
ReplyDeleteThis reminds me of the camping days in the "side yard" in ol' Eastwood Acres. Let Jon fill you on the details.
ReplyDelete